[POLL] Should I Keep My PS3?

Discuss topics that relate to computer and console gaming, or gaming in general.

Should I Keep My PS3?

Yes.
20%
No.
40%
Sell it and get a XBox 360 instead.
40%

Total votes: 5

Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

[POLL] Should I Keep My PS3?

Post by Yoon »

Lately, I've been thinking about selling my PS3, as I've barely played it ever since I finished MGS 4, nearly a year ago. Since then, it's just been getting dust. Here's my current situation:

* Mainly a PC gamer, as I own a high spec PC (Intel Core 2 Quad 9650 @ 3.6 GHz, Radeon HD4870 X2).
* Currently only own 1 PS3 game, Metal Gear Solid 4.
* Most of the big PS3/XBox360 hits (i.e. Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty: World at War, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Street Fighter IV, Mass Effect, Last Remnant, etc.) are also on PC. With my PC, I can run all of these games at higher resolutions and graphic settings than the PS3 or XBox360 could ever play them at at. In other words, if a PC version is available, I will get that version.
* Aside from FFXIII, the PS3's future game prospects are not that appealing to me.
* I own a backwards compatible PS3, which I can play the roughly seven PS2 games on it. However, most of the games I own are nearly fully playable on PCSX2 emulator for PC. Using PCSX2, the PS2 games would look better than playing on PS3 anyway.
* I don't watch or own any Bluray movies. I watch upscaled DVD movies using my HTPC.

I've also have been thinking I could sell my PS3 and get the XBox360. Upcoming games for XBox360 seem to be more appealing. However, going this route could lead me into the same situation like the PS3, as several of the big XBox360 games are also either out for PC or eventually going to be released on PC. I fear that this situation will continue, at least until Project Natal comes out.

What do you think I should do? Keep the PS3 and hope for great games to come out soon, sell it, or sell it and replace it with an XBox360?
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Input the current year: 2009

Re: [POLL] Should I Keep My PS3?

Post by Slayer »

i dunno i havent voted because i dont know what would be best
Yoon wrote: What do you think I should do? Keep the PS3 and hope for great games to come out soon, sell it, or sell it and replace it with an XBox360?
http://www.vgreleases.com/ps3/ i hope this helps. the websit is quite good for finding out whats gonna come out for which consoles at what rough time.
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)

Post by Coni »

It sounds to me like you already made up your mind. More cons than pros.

I always like xbox360 more than the PS3 because of the games (specifically talking about Gears of War). Lately, I've been thinking about getting a PS3 because I enjoy sport games and PS3 is the best console for sports games.

Currently I have the Wii console to play mario kart and wii sports with my sisters. I can certainly say you can't compare the Wii to xbox360 or ps3 since its completely different.

I had 2 xbox360, sold both of them. First time I sold it was because I only played one game and soon got tired of it. Then I bought another xbox360 because I wanted to play GoW again but then the same thing occur. Got tired of it and sold it. I kinda regret selling it now since I'm dying to play GoW2. Owell, there's a reason for everything.

I can't say anything about the PS3 since I never tried it.

I think you should sell your PS3 and use the money for something else than a xbox360. Your a PC Gamer and I think you will always be one.

At the end it's up to you. Ask yourself, will you buy a PS3 again if you sell it?
Yoon
Administrator
Administrator
Input the current year: 1592

Post by Yoon »

Thanks for the responses. After giving it some thought, I think I will sell my PS3. Taking a look at the future PS3 releases, the only games that are appealing to me are Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII (also coming to the 360), and Modern Warfare 2 (coming to PC too). I don't think it's worth keeping a $400+ system that's barely even used and just for only a few games.

I'll probably put my barely used PS3 on eBay, as it seems that the MGS4 PS3 bundle seems to be selling high. I guess I might even get more since I replaced the 80 GB hard drive with a 250 GB one. :mrgreen:
Coni
Level 19 (Poison Spore)
Level 19 (Poison Spore)

Post by Coni »

Yeah, I heard many nice games for xbox360 are coming out in December.

Good luck selling your PS3 on ebay $ :mrgreen:
Slayer
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)
Level 61 (Dragon Tail)

Post by Slayer »

wow a 250GB storage divice for ps3 O.o thats alot lol iv used about 17GBs on my 20G xbox 360 *only reason is because empires is installed on my hard drive to speed loading time ext*
PSN:ChaoticCrusader
MSN:darkcronical@live.co.uk